Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Productive and Happy

I received a lovely email from BGWLBH today.  I don't get them very often, so when I do, it really makes my day :o)

Adoring Husband rushed in this morning after work asking me if I wanted to go with him to photograph the pelicans on the beach.

He packed the car with his camera gear and rushed off, while I agreed to meet him down there on my trike.

By the time I dressed myself, got the Psychotic Dogs out of bed, let them out to do their business, packed my camera gear in the back of the trike,  called psychotic dogs back inside and left the house, almost thirty minutes had passed.

I figured that the pelicans would be gone by then ... they don't stick around in one place for long, unless there is a lot of food about.

So I pedalled to the bakery, got my coffee and as I headed off toward the Seat of Knowledge, Adoring Husband overtook me, calling out that the pelicans had gone (just as I suspected!).

He stopped off at the Seat of Knowledge and showed me some of the photos on his camera and I looked forward to seeing them on the computer screen, but he later informed me that they were all a disappointment on the bigger screen.  Such a shame.

So later, after I began pedalling home, I wanted to take a different route and possibly stop to find some flora or fauna to photograph.

I stopped at my usual water hole and found some newcomers ...

A Royal Spoonbill
I found a nice little spot, not far from my usual route, with trees, water, reeds and tracks leading through the bush (which I did not follow this time).

I parked my trike off the road and went for a wander.

I interrupted a couple of kookaburras in the 'mating' process.  I think they were a bit annoyed with me and the mate to this one came in quite aggressively and they flew off together.

Angry or frustrated?
By the tree was a wild wattle bush.  It was too windy to use the macro lens so I used the zoom lens.  It still didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, but I really like the contrast between the sharp, spiky leaves and the soft, fluffy flowers.

Wild Wattle
On the way home from there, I stopped to take some shots of flowers, but discovered a number of bees buzzing between the blooms.  I was lucky to get this great shot!

Bee happy!
So after a pleasant morning of self indulgence, I came home, and with a little help from the Bare-chested Chef and Adoring Husband, I did a couple of hours of housework, which I haven't done for quite some time!

It's nice to have a clean house :o)  and now the plants are happy because they got to have a nice big drink as well.

I even had almost two hours to myself this afternoon while everybody else was busy in town.  It was lovely.

It's been a productive and happy day for me!

Nite all.

No comments: