Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cheap Tuesday

Adoring Husband and I took ourselves to the movies for 'cheap Tuesday' today, and then to 'Aquavue', on the water front, for lunch.

At our local cinemas, it only costs $9 to see a movie on Tuesdays.

We saw 'Red Dog'.  A good Aussie movie.  Watch this for the preview.

 

The dog died.  That really doesn't give anything away because the very start of the movie indicates that we are at the end of the dog's life, and so the story begins.

Everybody cried except me.

Adoring Husband warned me before the movie, that if the dog died, I was going to be in big trouble.

The last thing that Vegan Chickie said as we walked out the door this morning, was "I hope the dog doesn't die!"

So to stop myself from crying during the movie, I imagined myself running in the door at home and calling out to Vegan Chickie "So!  The dog died!"

It took the edge off the sadness and reduced the size of the lump in my throat.

Lunch, after the movie, was delicious.  We ate Honey Soy Chicken Salad.

The view was lovely with the sunlight dancing on the water and lots of activity with holiday makers riding jet skis and kayaks, couples walking along the beach and kids playing football or building sand castles.

There was a real holiday atmosphere.

I have one photo of Chicklet to share with you today.



Tomorrow, Adoring Husband and I are going bushwalking to search out the secret water hole, where, apparently, there is abundant birdlife, the likes of which, don't show their pretty little faces in town.

So hopefully, we will get some fabulous shots to share with you.

Tuesday has been cheap and cheerful.  Let's see what Wednesday brings.

Nite all.

No comments: