Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Poosplosions!

Just a brief post tonight because I have to get some sleep.

We need to arise early and drive for over two hours to pick up Bubbles from the airport tomorrow.

Tonight, I had Chicklet on my lap in the lounge room while Vegan Chickie and The Bare-chested Chef ate their dinner.

I had one hand behind her, on the back of her nappy, and the other hand was rubbing her feet.

All of a sudden I felt this explosion burst out of her rear end!

It was so powerful that it gave me a shock and I gasped and pulled my hand away!!

It felt and sounded ominous!

There were four or five more of these ominous explosions and then when she began squirming on my lap, I decided to find out who was on nappy duty... just in the nick of time!!

That's one of the great joys of being a grandparent ... nappies are for on-duty parents :o) heheheh.

Feel the love
I had heard stories about these poosplosions in the past, but never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined such power!

Lucky she wasn't sitting in the bathtub!  She would have propelled herself from one end to the other!

There was a lot of effort involved and I felt it important to document it here, so that perhaps this story can be read out loud at a significant birthday in the future!

Sorry my little Sweetie Possum, but this is what grandparents are for!  To embarrass you with poosplosion stories told with love and fondest affection :o)

Nite all.  

No comments: