Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Two Out of Three Ain't Bad!

I was talking to Bubbles on the phone this afternoon, discussing her planned, but now scrapped, visit next month.

Her employer has sprung her annual leave on her for next week and for only six days, so her trip to visit us is now a distant dream.

He SUX!  (But don't get me started)

Bubbles had her 27th birthday last week and her boyfriend's sister arranged this fabulous cake for her.


What a lovely gesture!  The photo on the cake is of Bubbles at the age of about two.

She was just the cutest little baby and toddler and child.


And she grew into a lovely young woman.


Found her Knight in Shining Armour ...


... and was promoted to Assistant Manager where she works, just recently.  She has worked incredibly hard for this employer, who does not appreciate her value as an employee or as a person.

The experience that she has gained through this position will be invaluable and will help her gain a more worthy position when SHE realises her true value!

So CONGRATULATIONS to my little Bubbles for your promotion!  You worked hard for it.  You earned it.  You deserve it!  That and more.

I call her my 'little' Bubbles, but she is about a foot taller than me ... however, she is my baby, so she will always be my 'little' Bubbles.

One of her birthday gifts was a camera.

She has been keen to take up photography (just like her Mum and Sis) and her new point and shoot digital camera is an excellent place to start.



This was one of the first photos that she took on a little trek through some botanical gardens in Sydney just recently.  I think she has a good eye!

Practise.  Practise.  Practise.

So we had a lovely chat on the phone today.  I miss her.  I was really looking forward to seeing her and getting a thousand photos of her with little Chicklet, but alas, this will not be so.

I know that she reads this blog quite regularly, so I hope that she knows, after reading this, how disappointed we all are that she can't make it up here.

Even the whales are wailing with sadness :o(

I'm happy that she had such a great birthday weekend.  I'm happy that she got the well-deserved promotion.  I'm sad that she's not coming to visit me.  Two out of three ain't bad!

Nite all.

 

2 comments:

eljaih said...

Well we can update this post now, BECAUSE OF ADORING HUSBAND I AM COMING UP TO SEE YOU!!
he is a keeper, not just because he always organizes me coming up to see you though!!
full stop no returns!!

eljaih said...

p.s sucks Knight in Shining Armour isnt coming though :(