Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Cruisy Life

What a glorious day!

Blue skies, sunshine, birds singing, soft breeze, coffee in the morning with friends, walking in the afternoon with Vegan Chickie and Chicklet.

Delightful.

I got some great photos in the morning by the boat ramp, of three pelicans on the water.

Triple Trouble
After coffee, I stopped at the lake and spotted a pair of cormorants building a nest.  The male appeared to be protecting his mate and the nest from my view.

Cormorant and partner
Late this afternoon, Adoring Husband and I drove down to the river to try and catch a great sunset.  There was a little smokey haze in the air from cane burning and some light cloud, so we expected something spectacular.

Sunset
It was a little less than spectacular, but still quite pretty.

I think that if I hit the lake very early, perhaps at dawn, there may be more animal life to photograph.

The light would also be better for photographs at that time of day too.

Life is pretty cruisy for me and I'm lovin' it!

Nite all.

No comments: