Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bird Show

More glorious Winter weather today and some birds that put on a great show for me this morning!

The Seagulls were telling the Ibis, in no uncertain terms, not to touch the food!

This is NOT usually Ibis territory.

Mine!  Mine!  Mine!
The Indian Miner bird got much closer than I expected ... right in my face ... and even posed for the camera!

I'm a boring Miner Bird, but photograph me anyway!
The Heron was the unexpected star.  Riding past the flood-formed lake and there he was.  He didn't even attempt to fly away as I got closer with the camera.



OK .. maybe the REAL star of the show, as always, was Chicklet, with her bright smiling eyes as she sat in the morning sunshine with her lovely Mum, Vegan Chickie.

Yes!  I'm still just as cute today as I was yesterday!
Adoring Husband is sitting beside me (I wish I could say quietly) with his brand new Lamborghini laptop attempting to set it up and transfer files from his old laptop.

You all know that I love Adoring Husband, but his frustrations are eating away at my patience and tolerance and it's possible that I could use tomorrow's blog post to set up an auction where the highest bidder will get to take him and his laptop to their lounge room for approximately 1 - 2 weeks.

The other alternative is that I pay SOMEBODY OUT THERE to take him and his laptop off my hands for a short period of time :o)

I also know that he will be cranky with me for making comment about his frustrations here. **sigh**

Well, I've had a good week of birds and I think the only one left to photograph now is the Kookaburra, who I know is sitting out there laughing at me as I cringe in the presence of my frustrated Adoring Husband.

The week has provided a great bird show for me, but if I'm not careful, I think Adoring Husband might be giving me 'the bird' from his spot on the couch beside me!

Nite all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the heron with reflection is one photo
asking to go into a competition!
There must be a comp you can enter with it??
gg'ma

Age said...

I will troll the net in search of a comp where it can be entered! Thank you gg'ma!