Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Rain Check on the Lake

I didn't get to the lake as planned today but ...

We received our new macro lens in the mail today!

Adoring Husband was not at home when I picked up the package from the post office, so I opened  it and got to test out the lens before he even knew it was here!

Bare-chested Chef and Chicklet wandered around the garden pointing out bugs and water droplets and flowers so that I could practise, and here are a couple of the results...

Regular garden variety spider

Pink flower (no idea of it's name!)
Let's attempt the lake tomorrow!

Adoring Husband is champing at the bit to have a turn with the macro lens, so he has big plans tomorrow.

I am looking forward to taking some portraits with it.  How adorable is this one of my cherished Chicklet?

Cherished Chicklet
We had fun shopping for a stroller, high chair and bouncer for her today.  We think she might be teething again **sad face**

But now she can come for walks with me!!

Anyway ... watch this space!!  Walking around the lake tomorrow!!

Nite all.

No comments: