Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

One Down!

Jumping up and down, doing backward somersaults, cartwheels, forward flips and kicking my heels up!!!

WAHOO!!

I finally, after two whole months, found the time to complete and submit Module 1 of my Diploma in Professional Photography!!

I didn't get to the park because the weather came over cloudy and windy and threatened to rain, so the lounge room was my study room of choice.

I submitted the assignment just after 4pm today and then had to go out for the evening, but when I arrived home and logged into the laptop, my results were waiting for me!

So I've passed the first module and now there are eleven to go!

Still reassessing this blog, but for the moment, I am posting a photo that I took this morning on my ride home from the boat ramp.

Even though the sun was shining, there was a very cold and quite strong breeze blowing, so the seagulls were huddled on the sand, most of them with their heads tucked under a wing, trying to keep warm I think.

Huddling Seagulls
That's all for today.

Adoring Husband doesn't know about my results because he went to bed as soon as we got home tonight.

He will read about it here in the morning, because the first thing he does when he arrives home from work, is read my blog.

Yay for me!!  One down, eleven to go!!

Nite all.

No comments: