Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Best Fisherperson in the World!

It's been a good day.

This morning Squirt and I went to the bakery for take-away coffee and then headed down to the 'Seat of Knowledge'.

Last time she was here, she rode Adoring Husband's bicycle and I pedalled my trike, but the bicycle has a flat tyre at the moment, and has done for quite a few months, so today,  she walked beside me while I pedalled.

After we got home, mid morning, I prepared a lasagne for dinner.

Vegan Chickie, the Bare-chested Chef and Chicklet arrived around 11am for lunch.

Squirt and The Band Leader hadn't met Chicklet before so it was nice for them to see her at last.

Unfortunately little Chicklet wasn't a happy little vegemite today and it appears that she may be getting her top teeth, so they didn't stay for as long as usual.  Chicklet and I did get to sit outside and visit the chookies for a while though, which is always special.

After my little family left for home, Adoring Husband prepared four fishing rods while Squirt drove down to the shops to get bait, and then we all went fishing on the beach.

The Band Leader was the first to catch a tiny tiny tiny little fish, which was a whiting.

Whiting number two and a very happy Band Leader.
The Band Leader then caught another whiting, a bit bigger than the last.

The Band Leader was the only one of us who caught ANY fish!

Contemplating life and enjoying some fresh air.
Squirt tried hard.

Adoring Husband seemed intent on catching something too!

Adoring Husband enjoying the warm water and the cool breeze.
After dinner tonight, he and the Band Leader drove down to the boat ramp to try to catch a flathead, without success.

We had our lasagne and salad for dinner, which was quite nice, although a little too browned on top!  Still quite tasty anyway.

Now everybody is exhausted and in bed.

Tomorrow we'll have a big day in The Bay to shop for shoes and accessories to go with the Band Leader's graduation dress.

The weather will be glorious again, so it should be a nice day for shopping!

So I've spent the day with the best fisherperson in the world and tomorrow she will spend the day with me, the best shopper in the world!!

Nite all.

No comments: