Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Brief Two

Just so you know, Brief One of the Canon EOS Photo5 competition was 'Through a Pet's Eyes' and those of us who were not entered in the competition last year, had to submit a photo for this brief to make us eligible to receive this year's competition box.

My entry was this ...

Through a pet's eyes
So now we have the theme for the next four briefs.

Brief number two is 'Foam' //macro and states - "This brief encourages you to look at everyday things by getting closer to them.  Take this ordinary soap, turn it into foam, and make it amazing.  See how it interacts with light, what shape it creates, try colouring it.  Get creative, just stay close."

I haven't received the box in the mail yet, but I can begin experimenting and practising and planning my photo now.

There is only a month to submit all 5 briefs.

I'm a bit excited and have lots of ideas jumping through my head!

But that can wait for now because ... my sister Squirt is in town!  She and her youngest daughter, The Band Leader, arrived this afternoon to surprise me, and are staying for a few days.

It's been eighteen months since I saw them.  They came down for our wedding in April last year.  It's good to see them :o)

So I hope to have a nice few days spending some quality time with my little sis.

This morning I stopped at a friend's garden and took a few photos of her flowers.  This is one of them.



I might try to recruit Squirt and The Band Leader to help me come up with ideas for Brief Two.  Along with Adoring Husband, some brain storming may be in order!  Surely we can come up with some brilliance!  

Nite all.

No comments: