Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

It is Short and Sweet.

After the usual morning ritual ...

Squirt with two of my boys.

The Dog Whisperer who paddles past the Seat of Knowledge every morning with his 3 dogs.
... Squirt, The Band Leader and I, drove into The Bay to do some heavy duty shopping.

The first shop was a big fat failure, so we decided to generate some positive shopping energy by having a good breakfast at my favourite seaside restaurant.

Unfortunately, it's the holiday season and the tourists had filled every available space at my favourite restaurant, so we had to make do with breakfast at a less favourable restaurant across the road.  The food was much better than expected and it gave us the energy to soldier on with the shopping.

The following shop was a HUGE success and the day got progressively better.  

Surprisingly we were able to get everything that we had on our list and we all came home with a very strong sense of satisfaction.

All of this fresh air has increased the apetite of my visiting family and they have been eating every meal as though it were their last!  Gobbling up all the goodness that I lay before them.

It has also made them very tired.  The fresh air, the fishing, the walking, the shopping, the eating and the relaxing.  It's all been too much for them.

Unfortunately, they have to go home tomorrow.  They have a cat at home due to have kittens any minute and a beautiful dalmatian awaiting their return, so this time their visit is short and sweet.

There will be goodbye tears tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: