Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 21, 2011

Final photo5

Today was the last day for the submission of the final brief in the Canon photo5 competition.

The theme for the brief was 'ribbon' (panning), which meant there had to be movement in the photo.  Either movement of the ribbon, or another subject in the photo, or of the background in the photo.  The ribbon didn't have to be main subject but it had to be part of the photo.

Here is my submission ...

I pinned 5 ribbons to the cane ceiling fan and set it to high.  Then I took the photo on a slow shutter speed.
This has been an interesting and fun experience, although not too successful, especially since I missed the cut off time for the third brief, which was themed 'sequins'.

Next year I will be better prepared.  I will read the instructions properly AND I will remember that daylight savings makes a difference to us in Queensland!

Ah well.  You live and learn.

Today was Adoring Husband's birthday.  He turned 54 years young.  We had a pleasant evening at the Bowls Club and stayed for dinner with a few friends afterwards.  A nice quiet affair and quite a few free birthday beers.

Happy Birthday my darling :o)

Nite all.

No comments: