Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Discombobulated.

First of all, let me get the photos out of the way.

A Fig Bird.  Already eaten my mulberries and now starting on the peaches!

Who can blame him for wanting these delicious looking peaches?

Orange Lilies just blooming in the front garden.

Hand of Man - a sculpture in the Bunya Mountains.

A Wallaby trying to escape the papparazzi!

Wallaby and Joey in the pouch.
I'm feeling a little discombobulated tonight.

My brother, Gryphonn, lost his partner, Phoenix, to a brain tumour today.  She was diagnosed just two months ago.  Surgery removed some of the large tumour, but they couldn't get to all of it and the prognosis was not good.

In two short months, the tumour grew bigger than it's pre-op size and today at 11.15am Phoenix lost her battle.  She was surrounded by family and friends who loved her.

I'm feeling a bit like the protective older sister without a job to do right now.  So many thoughts entering my head and leaving just as quickly ... I recognise the same thought processes that I experienced when my mother passed away six years ago, only to a lesser degree.

As I said to Vegan Chickie tonight, I know that time heals most wounds, but sometimes, time moves so bloody slowly and the healing takes so damned long.  I want to fix my brother now.  I want to take his pain away.  I want to bring new happiness into his life immediately.

But I know that he has to go through his own grieving process, however long or how painful it may be.  It's just the way it is.

So in the meantime, I must stand aside and let him be comforted by the people he needs most, around him, and attempt to be his safety net, should he need one in the near future.

For now ... to my brother ... I love you.  I am here.  In the coming months, our home is your home, should you need it.  If necessary, just arrive and my arms will be open to welcome you and protect you  for however long you need them.

I know that my discombobulation will pass, much sooner than my brother's hurting heart.

Nite all.

No comments: