Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Can it get any wetter??

We've had seventy mls of rain in two days.

The days are dark and gloomy with heavy clouds hanging low over our heads and thunder rumbling quietly in the distance.  The rain comes and goes, sometimes teeming and sometimes lightly floating.

Compared to a lot of places in Queensland, we've been lucky.  Towns in the outback and others down south have had between 100 - 200 ml of rain and there has been a lot of flooding and damage.  Luckily, not as devastating as last year, but still terrible for some people.

Needless to say, my routine was severely hampered this morning.  I had enough time to get my coffee from the bakery and spend about fifteen minutes with my boys at the Seat of Knowledge before the heavens opened up AGAIN.

I pedalled home in the rain and I was pretty damp by the time I pulled into our driveway!

We spent a little time doing some housework early today ... and I mean a little, because we only do the bare essentials lol.

On the plus side ... we've had the Australian Open Tennis AND the India v Australia Test Cricket being televised live on free-to-air tv, so we've switched between channels watching both all day.

There was a short break in the rain, so I was able to go outside with my camera and get a shot for my 104 Things to Photograph in 404 days challenge.

Rusty Chain - Photo 3 of 104
With all this rain, there is one item on my list that should be easy to capture and thats 'Reflections in a Puddle'!  Let's see if I can catch a break in the rain tomorrow and get that one.

A couple of other shots from our Reptile Park experience ...




A couple of shots of my little Sweetie Possum sent to me by Vegan Chickie ...

"Today's sensory exercise - a bowl full of flour, rice, pasta and lentils." - Vegan Chickie.



What a lovely mess ... that I don't have to clean up, but how gorgeous is that!  Having a wonderful time!  I think we need to find a big rubber sheet for her to have her messy play on ... just makes it easier to clean up afterwards and lots of fun can still be had!

Back to the tennis for me now.

Nite all.


  

No comments: