Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Yes! It CAN get wetter!

It's been teeming rain for about three or four hours now and the temperature has dropped by about five degrees.  The wind is strong and gusty and I can hear the thunder in the distance.  It's been raining for most of the day - great hermit weather.

Not great photography weather!

I DID manage to get out early this morning and get my coffee from the bakery before heading down to the Seat of Knowledge with the boys.

I enjoyed about an hour of pedalling, with my camera in hand, before the first nasty storm hit.  I JUST made it to a friend's caravan in the Council Park about two minutes before the skies opened up.

It didn't last very long, so I checked our Post Office Box, and started on my way, expecting to get another hour of time to play, but suddenly, out of nowhere, the dark and stormy weather descended and I was stranded quite a way from home!

Luckily, I had a big plastic rain poncho in my basket, so I put my camera in my camera bag, opened the poncho and wrapped it around the bag for extra protection and pedalled as fast as my little wet legs would take me!

I arrived home just a teensy bit wet :D

Still, I was happy to get another shot from my list.

Something Red - Photo 7 of 104
Having posted seven of my list shots on flickr and facebook, I was asked by four friends, if I'd started a facebook page so that they and others could join me in the challenge!

I'm not sure if I've done it correctly, but I started a group called '104 Things to Photograph in 404 days' and invited 20 people, who I know enjoy photography, to join me.

There is also one person in my flickr group who doesn't have a facebook account, so I sent her the link to the blog post where I added the list, and I think she might do some of the challenge through flickr.

I don't think anybody will be quite as dedicated to it as I am, but there are no rules here, and some will be more motivated than others.  Even just to see one or two shots from somebody will give me a buzz.

Lovely new shots of the wonderful Chicklet sent from Vegan Chickie today ...





Melting my heart still ... and how fast is she growing!?

I get to visit her tomorrow :D

I love my baby.

Nite all.

No comments: