Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Challenge has Begun!


... and I'm not talking about the photography challenge!

It's possible that Vegan Chickie, the Bare-chested Chef and Chicklet will be moving 3 hours away before the end of the week.  

If it's not the end of the week, it will be very soon AND it could be further away still!

So THAT is my challenge ... to successfully deal with them leaving.  Find the positives!  Be happy about their new life adventure!  Feel excited about their new horizons!  Be glad that we will have a new holiday destination!

Ugh!


Adoring Husband dropped me off to visit Chicklet this morning and then returned two hours later with fish and chips for lunch.  We sat on Vegan Chickie's balcony to eat.    

My little Sweetie Possum played happily and practised walking backward and forward between Vegan Chickie and I.  She's growing up so fast!  Ugh!  I'm going to miss them.

When it was time for Chicklet to have her nap, Adoring Husband and I left for home.  

Along the way, we passed the swamp area where the giant colony of flying foxes reside, and decided to stop to take some photos.

Five Things Together - Photo 8 of 104
They became my next challenge photo!

I'd been told that they stink, so I expected the worst, but I didn't notice any smell at all.  There were hundreds of them and every so often they made a lot of noise, not unlike the flocks of lorikeets that screech overhead in the late afternoons.

They were very cute, but our way was blocked by an eight foot high mesh fence, so we couldn't get too close, unfortunately.

I'm happy to report that my '104 Things to Photograph in 404 days' facebook group has started really well and aside from my own two photos, there have been five photos posted today by other members!

They are thinking outside the square and being very clever, which brings a big smile to my face!

For example, my daughter, Bubbles, posted this one ... 



for her version of 'A Rainbow'.  Very clever, I thought!   So this challenge is going to fun!

Now, for that other challenge :(  I'm off to cry myself to sleep.

Nite all.

PS Vegan Chickie - for now, I am exaggerating, so stop worrying about me - I'll let you know when I'm falling apart ;p  I love you.

No comments: