Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Something Red

As you know, I have already submitted my photo of 'Something Red' for the challenge.  I received a submission via email from Vegan Chickie today.

Chicklet's first Art Class
Every day, she will add a little more to this piece of art, and it will end up on my fridge door!!
If there were prizes being issued, of course, this one would win the prize for 'Something Red'  :D  The only thing is,  there will be other colours added to it, so it may win the 'rainbow' prize instead!  I'm very excited to be receiving my first piece of fridge art!

We had a very warm day today, so I was home and out of the sun before 10am and turned the air conditioner on!

During my ride, I stopped and aimed my camera at a baby magpie, thinking about whether he was interesting enough to take a photo of, when through the view finder I watched him pull a worm out of the ground!



It was so unexpected!  I was at the right place at the right time for that one!

Earlier, at the Seat of Knowledge, I got my challenge shot of 'Feathers'.

Feathers - Photo 16 of 104
Unfortunately, I missed his tail as he flew above me.  This shot was unexpected.  He looked like he was flying out to sea, when he took a sharp turn and flew directly over my head!

Just a quiet day today, and it was most enjoyable.  Very calming and relaxing.

Enjoying the cricket season, especially the T20 matches between India and Australia, which started tonight.  Australia won a very exciting match tonight in front of a record crowd.

Gearing up for the NRL football season which starts soon!  Finally!  We are at the exciting part of the sporting year again!

Again, I sign off thinking of chocolate.  Luckily, I don't buy it, otherwise I'd be eating it right before bed every night!

Nite all.

No comments: