Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

God's Gift

Another great Saturday!

I awoke feeling excited that I was going to be seeing Vegan Chickie and Chicklet today!

After Adoring Husband left for golf, I again had time to ride down to the bakery for coffee and then spend a little time with the boys at the Seat of Knowledge before pedalling home and heading to the bus stop.

Rocket Rod was my bus driver so we drove, faster than a speeding bullet, into The Bay.  The advantage to that trip was that I caught the early connection to Chicklet's place :D  Funnily enough, the next bus driver asked how my trip was with Rocket Rod!  So I told him!

When the bus dropped me off, I walked down to the pier first to get a couple of shots for my 104 challenge.

Graffiti - Photo 20 of 104
Under the Jetty - Photo 21 of 104
It didn't take me very long and then I walked up to see my cheeky baby.

She did lots of cheeky things today.  She giggled a lot.  She talked a lot.  She played a lot.  She stood by herself!  She tangled up my necklace, which I untangled while she had a nap.  She smiled and giggled for the camera.

God's Gift - Photo 22 of 104

Cute as a Button!
Then Adoring Husband brought lunch and we sat on the grass near the beach and ate it.  We took Chicklet for a walk on the grass, Adoring Husband on one side holding her hand and me on the other, holding her other hand.

Talk about a kodak moment, without a kodak available!

We didn't stay for as long as usual because we couldn't get a shady spot and I was worried about Chicklet getting sunburnt.

We said our goodbyes and got our Chicklet cuddles and kisses before leaving.

We came home and had a relaxing afternoon together, before I realised that I had forgotten to put dinner in the slow cooker this morning, so we had nothing for dinner!  Woops!  Chinese from the Bowls Club.

Tonight we watched the first NRL match of the season between the Indigenous All Stars and the NRL All Stars.  I was barracking for the Indigenous team and they lost.  I blame Wayne Bennett, who was coaching the NRL All Stars.  He is just too good as a coach!!

So that was my day.  Another Saturday with God's Gift.  Didn't think I was going to get this one.  Thought they would have moved and this Saturday would be a sad day for me ... what a lucky day instead!

At last count 149 photos on the facebook challenge group page!

Nite all.

No comments: