Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 30, 2012

A Very Late Night

Novak Djokovic won the Australian Open Tennis Grand Slam final last night, by defeating Rafael Nadal in five sets.  The match took five hours and fifty three minutes!!!  I watched all of it and as predicted, it was a long night!

It was a great match.  Now we have to wait til the end of May for the French Open.

So I had a late start to the day because I didn't get to bed til 1am.  I missed my boys at the Seat of Knowledge, but I didn't miss my coffee!

I took lots of photos and because the battery in my watch is flat, and I left my phone at home, I had no idea what the time it was all morning and I didn't return home until 11am!

Adoring Husband said that he was just about to phone the police to issue a missing persons report!

Letter Box - Photo 10 of 104
Lattice Work - Photo 11 of 104
Something Yellow - Photo 12 of 104
Something Blue - Photo 13 of 104
One more for good measure, that doesn't belong with the challenge photos.

A Tall Mushroom - a result of the recent wet weather! 
It's a change to not have bird photos everywhere, but I must confess that I spent a LONG time searching for the birds that were making the pretty noises in the bushes this morning.  The only reason I gave up was because the clouds parted and the stinging sun was so hot and uncomfortable, I just had to get home to cool down!

Anyway, enough of this frivolity.  I don't want to go to bed at 1am again, and Adoring Husband went to bed super early tonight because he wasn't feeling well, so I need to go check on him again and then climb into bed myself.

Nite all.

No comments: