Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Happy Tuesday

After a good night of sleep, I woke up bright and early today and had time to buy my morning coffee and then spend an hour with my boys at the Seat of Knowledge, before meeting the girls at our usual place for morning tea.

There were seven of us, including Kaz's daughter, who is visiting briefly from London, where she has been living and working for some time.  She's a lovely young lady (calling her that, makes me sound like an old lady!) and it was nice chatting with her today.

Of course, Kaz is glowing with happiness, having her girl home for a while, which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :D

When morning tea was over, Aussie H and I took a long trike ride around the new estate and the man-made lake at the new end of town.  We haven't spent time together for a while and it was really good to catch up with her.

It was quite late in the morning when we parted.  I'm usually indoors by 10am, so I had an extra hour in the sun and this evening I noticed that I have a touch of sunburn.  tsk tsk tsk

I came home to find Adoring Husband still feeling a little under the weather.  We think he may have side effects from some new medication that he started a few days ago, so he has stopped taking it for now, to see if he feels any better over the next couple of days.

I didn't take any photos this morning while I was out, but I took a couple around the house this afternoon to match two of the items on my challenge list.

Shadows - Photo 14 of 104
Garden Gnome - Photo 15 of 104
There are already sixty four photos on the facebook challenge page, posted by some of the people invited by me, and five new people have been added to the group since it started.  Loving that!

This afternoon we bought fish and chips and met Kaz, Lady Lynne, Aussie H and 'Associates' at the Lions Park for drinks, nibblies and dinner.

The weather, for a change, was very kind to us and even though it had been a hot day, there was a lovely cool breeze blowing that made for a very pleasant afternoon and evening.

Such a happy and relaxed group of people who are a real pleasure to be around.

'Kazrenwin'
Three generations from Kaz's family.  I love this photo because they are all so happy.  The most beautiful smiles on all three of them!  Beautiful girls.

I wandered down to the beach hoping to capture some nice sunset photos, but just as it was looking promising, the big grey clouds came scudding across and snuffed the sun out before the beauty could begin.

Adoring Husband and I took an early leave and came home for a fruit and juice ice block each.

He was early to bed, and I am about to follow.

It has, indeed, been a very happy Tuesday - if only I had some chocolate to top the day off :D

Nite all.

No comments: