Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

So Much Rain!!

The bottom half of Australia has High Fire Dangers and Complete Fire Bans, while the rest of us are having floods and very heavy rainfall.

One area of the Sunshine Coast received over 100 mls of rain in an hour!  340 mls fell at Cooroy in 24 hours!  That is a LOT of rain!

So now Gympie has flooded and is cut in two as all that rainfall swept down the Mary River dividing the town with floodwaters.

We have received an inch of rain today.  Not even a glimmer of sunlight for two days now and one road out of town was cut by floodwaters yesterday.

Our town, generally speaking, is never as badly affected by heavy rains or floods as the surrounding areas.  We are based at the mouth of a river and we are protected by Fraser Island.  Even after heavy soaking rains, it only takes two days of sunshine for the ground to look and feel completely dry again.

I haven't been able to ride my trike today and certainly no photographs have been taken.  So I've worked on some old shots and I have a couple of days worth of challenge photos to share.

February Photo a Day Challenge ...

25. Green
26. Night
Our group on facebook have posted a total of 333 photos to date.

A Bride - Photo 53 of 104
A Busker - Photo 54 of 104
Anchors Oars & Bollards - Photo 55 of 104
They were all very busy over the weekend and have been happily sharing their results over the course of the afternoon and evening.

Another shot from yesterday in The Bay ...

A water arch from the Wet Side Water Park.
 I only have one more day left to get my shot for the February flickr monthly challenge which is themed 'Where's Wally' and where we have to set up a shot with ourselves in it and have somebody else press the button (or use a remote shutter button).

I think I will try for a sunrise shot tomorrow of me strolling along the beach.  Let's hope the rain stops momentarily so that I can do it ... or then again maybe an umbrella along the beach will add more interest!

That means I need to rise earlier than this morning.  I woke at 6am today, but dozed back off to sleep and didn't wake again til 8am!  Ah well, it is Sunday.  We are allowed to sleep in on Sundays!

So sunrise is at 5.40-ish tomorrow morning and it's also low tide at the same time, so I should have a vast expanse of wet sand to stroll along with my umbrella.

Best get an early night!

Nite all.  

No comments: