Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 2, 2012

Thirty Three Years Today

I'm not feeling sad about it, but today, it has been 33 years since Jamie died.

Today has been a good day and I have not been melancholy or dwelling on the significance of this date, but I just wanted to acknowledge it here today.

I had a very early start to my day, as Adoring Husband and I drove into The Bay and took Vegan Chickie, The Bare-chested Chef and Chicklet to the airport for their trip to Melbourne.

It was nice to spend a little time with them before they left, since I won't have my usual Saturday morning with them while they are away.

From the airport, Adoring Husband dropped me off at the Eagles Nest Golf Course where I met up with Woman of Many Talents and we played nine holes of golf.

I have been playing golf for two years (I actually missed playing for all of the 2nd year) but today, believe it or not, I parred my very first hole!  I expected it to be a momentous occasion, but it came and went without fanfare :(

Now that I've done it, I reckon my game will improve no end!

Because we started playing an hour later than usual, it was very hot when we finished and we were happy to climb into the air conditioned car to come home.  This meant, of course, that it was also too hot to go riding when I arrived home, so I had to compromise and take photos inside instead!

Starting with March Photo a Day challenge ...

2. Fruit
and then two shots for the 104 challenge...

A Heart - Photo 60 of 104
Art Deco - Photo 61 of 104
We had big plans to go to the Bowls Club tonight.

As it got closer to the time when we should have been getting ready, Adoring Husband had just sat down after spending a few hours in the garden and I had just finished posting my final photos onto flickr. We looked at each other searching for a spark of motivation, but just couldn't find any!

Instead, we stayed at home, prepared a quick seafood salad and watched the Brisbane Broncos defeat Parramatta Eels in the second match of the season.  Broncos are my team, so I'm pretty happy about that!!

Let's finish with a smile ...



Nite all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too remembered Jamie.
Glad about the golf. The Rev is
home but due back in hospital on
Thursday. The youngest of ours
is being married tomorrow in
Canberra, but we won't be there!
love Grannymus