Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Birthdays Everywhere!

No Chicklet time today, because she is in Melbourne, so I spent a lot of time at the river this morning.

The mullet were jumping in huge numbers and schools of them were bubbling the water.

Mullet being chased.
A local fisherman, said that something big was in the water chasing them.  Something like a Queen fish or a Bull shark.

A Local Fisherman
Jumping Mullet
He said that he had seen many Bull Sharks and that he had seen them as far along the river as Howard!  No-one has ever been bitten, eaten or taken by a shark around here, but I'm pretty certain that I am not going to take the risk!

While I was taking these mullet shots, I heard a commotion behind me.  A commotion that sounded a lot like those Whistling Kites from yesterday and when I turned to look, there they were fighting with a Brahminy Kite!



Two against one was hardly a fair fight.  One mid air collision later and the Brahminy Kite flew off.  So that's two days in a row I've seen other birds scare off a Brahminy Kite!

I am surprised by that because I thought they were like Eagles and high in the chain of command in the bird world.  Obviously I was very wrong.

Not long after that I was still on the river bank when I noticed a shadow in the water and then two little flippers broke the surface!


He didn't hang around for long.

I decided to ride to the Lions Park and find my shady seat to enjoy the serenity again, but I forgot that it was Saturday and slowly the park and the beach filled with kids and parents and grandparents and pets and it wasn't very serene anymore.

So off I pedalled to get two more shots for my 104 challenge.

An Aeroplane - Photo 62 of 104
This guy flew past as I was leaving the Seat of Knowledge this morning. Thought I missed him, but he turned around and flew past again!  He's even looking at me!
Crab Pots - Photo 63 of 104
I didn't get my shot for the March Photo a Day challenge, so I will have to work doubly hard tomorrow to get two shots!

This evening Adoring Husband and I attended a 70th birthday party at a neighbours house, where we caught up with lots of friends.  It was a nice evening and I really enjoyed spending time with some people I haven't seen for a while.

We left after the candles were blown out and came home to watch what was left of the football.

There are a few birthdays this month.  A 63rd birthday tomorrow.  An 89th on Monday.  A 50th next week and a 95th a few days after that.  Vegan Chickie and The Rev have a birthday this month too!  Birthdays everywhere!

It's now after midnight!  How time flies!

Nite all. 

No comments: