Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hindering Tide

I had big-ish plans again today.

A big flock of pelicans was pointed out to me this morning while I was sitting at the Seat of Knowledge.  They flew way up river over the moored yachts and landed on a small sand bank that had, until 20 minutes prior to that, been under water.

The tide was on it's way out, and on low tide, that exposed sand bank forms part of the expansive sand flats.

I left the river, planning to get myself some breakfast, and then head back down to walk along the beach, and get as close to the pelicans as I could.

As I rounded the corner towards the bakery, I remembered that I was 20 minutes late for morning tea with 'the girls'!  They had decided to miss swimming because of the inclement weather and arranged for us to meet 30 minutes earlier than usual.

I wasn't really dressed for the occasion but I stopped and had grapes and water with them, the grapes being the breakfast to keep my energy up for beach walking!

After a pleasant hour, I got myself a new bottle of insect spray (the sandflies can be a problem some days) and headed back to the beach.  I could see the pelicans still on the sandbank, but the tide still hadn't receded enough to get to them.

I couldn't even get close enough to get a decent distant shot, so I planned to go home for a while and pedal back, yet again, a bit later on.

Well, that didn't happen.

I unknowingly ate some food that had wheat in it and spent the entire afternoon in a very unwell state.

My other plan for the afternoon was to go out to Serenia Beach to find that eagle, but now, I hope that tomorrow morning will be a 'goer'.

So my only shot for the day is for the March Photo a Day challenge.

6. 5PM
At least the cricket was on today, so that I had some TV entertainment to fill the afternoon!

Enough of this frivolity.

Nite all.

No comments: