Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dinner Interrupted

Not much going on today really.

No eagles.  No pelicans.  No fish.

I noticed, while at the Seat of Knowledge,  that sting rays were jumping out of the water.  I watched the river and four times I saw a sting ray jump.  So I rode down to the bench seat at the park overlooking the water and I held the camera high, looking through the view finder, panning back and forth across the water, in the hope of catching a ray jumping.

Talk about wishful thinking!!

It would take incredible luck to capture that with my camera!!

So all I got this morning, before I had to come home to prepare for my hairdresser appointment was a sad little shag gulping down his breakfast.


I was tempted to go bird watching after that, but I knew I had an appointment at 11am so instead, I rode home at 10am to make sure that I would be fresh for my appointment and not be all hot and sweaty from riding around in the sun.

I plonked myself on the couch (gee that's unusual!) and opened my laptop to catch up on my friends' news from the flood zone.

Seventy minutes later, the phone rang.  I immediately knew that it was the hairdresser!!  This is the third time that I've not turned up for an appointment and they've had to phone to remind me!!

I can't believe that it happened!  I came home early, especially to be ready for the appointment, and then completely forgot about it!  Ugh!

So Adoring Husband rushed me up there (it's only a 2 minute drive away) and luckily it wasn't a busy day in the salon, so it wasn't a problem that I was late.  Whew!

A quiet afternoon followed and I cooked dinner while Adoring Husband was at work.

We were eating dinner and I looked out the window and noticed the sky was changing colour.  Adoring Husband opened the front door and the sky was turning red before our eyes.

So with a mouth full of food and dinner not quite finished, I grabbed the camera and ran bare foot across the road toward the lagoon to try and grab a quick shot before the colour disappeared.


It really was quite spectacular and if I had been prepared, a shot over the lagoon would have been rather breathtaking, but it was another of those shots that slipped through my fingers.

As I turned in disappointment, I looked over our rooftop and there in the middle of the sky was the full moon.  I had planned on being at the river to watch it rise out of the ocean, but the clouds stopped me from going.

Last month, the hazy cloud on the horizon spoiled the moon rise and we couldn't even see it until it was a long way above the water line, so that's why I was hesitant to possibly waste my time this evening.


That's life!

So dinner was interrupted by a wonderful red sunset and then a hazy, but quite beautiful full moon.  I can't help thinking ... if I was in the right spot at the right time ... who knows.

Nite all

No comments: