Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Morning of Entertainment

The photos speak for themselves ...






He provided hours of entertainment for us all this morning and then very generously offered us some fish.  I accepted three and Adoring Husband and I drove down to the park afterwards, where the fish cleaning table is, and (Vegan Chickie - stop reading this bit) scaled them, Adoring Husband slit the belly and I pulled the guts out (ew).

I'm looking forward to trying mullet for the first time tomorrow for lunch and I'm saving one for the big eagle that I'm hoping to photograph at Serenia Beach tomorrow morning (if the rain stops!).

Thanks Tezza :o)

For lunch today, we drove to Goodies Restaurant at Toogoom and met up with The Speckled Hen and her husband Dirty Old Man where we celebrated her birthday, along with six other friends.

The birthday girl - 63 today!
We had a lovely meal and caught up with some friends who have spent the last year travelling around Australia.

We will be leaving shortly to drive into The Bay and pick the family up from the Airport after their weekend away, which by all accounts, has been a veritable obstacle course!

So after a morning of entertainment, an afternoon with friends and an evening to see the family, there will be no time for blogging later.

Nite all.

No comments: