Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Wetter than Wet!

It was a very wet trip into The Bay last night!

The plane was more than 30 minutes late due to the weather, but the family arrived safe and sound and we delivered them to their door in the same condition, before heading back home ourselves.


The weather was not nice and it was a 'longer than usual' drive home, but I got to experiment with some night photography on the way and I liked the added effect of the rain with the lights.

Luckily for us, the REALLY heavy rain waited until we arrived home before coming down.  When we checked the rain gauge this morning, it had 90 ml in it.  Others in town had 100 and 120 ml!  Maryborough had 200 ml!

There are floods all over NSW and QLD right now.  My old stamping ground is suffering badly and people have been evacuated from their homes.  They are expecting the worst by 10 o'clock tonight, but then again there is more rain forecast, so the worst could yet come after that.

You are all in my thoughts and I wish there was something more that I could do from this distance.  I can't imagine the frustration and despair you must be feeling.

On a happier note, the lovely Win had a birthday today and celebrated her 89th year on this earth.

We had a lovely morning tea with her after she had spent the morning at craft.

Sorry Win, I've used your photo for one of the March Photo a day challenge shots :)
5. Smile

... and sorry Win, I've used another photo for my 104 challenge.
A Person Blowing out Candles - Photo 67 of 104
She is so beautiful and I love photographing her.  I know she hates her photos because she doesn't like her wrinkles, but I think every single one of them is beautiful.

We've saved the candles to use at her 98th birthday :o)

I didn't get out to Serenia Beach as planned this morning because it was too wet, so I don't have a photo of the magnificent white and grey eagle that I'd hoped to share with you today.  If the forecast is correct, then I won't have it tomorrow either - fingers crossed the forecast is wrong!

We would like the rain to go away for a while because it's already wetter than wet ... and that's wet enough!

Nite all.

No comments: