Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Movies Lunch Chicklet WWF

I've just spent three hours playing 'Words with Friends (WWF)' online with my sister and the tips of my fingers are almost numb!

For those of you who don't know, WWF is an online game very similar to Scrabble.  I love it!  I am a big Scrabble fan, so this game also has a high appeal for me.

So now I am again, brain dead, and am struggling to find words for my blog post tonight.

I think I will either have to update my blog earlier, or put a time limit on WWF.  I need to finish early enough for my brain to still be functioning to do this.

Anyway!  Adoring Husband and I went to the movies today and used the last of our movie passes to see the latest Katherine Heigl movie "One for the Money".

I think I have a bit of a girl crush on Katherine Heigl.  In my opinion she is stunningly beautiful and her movies are light and funny 'no brainers'.  Just easy to watch, 'feel good' movies.

After the movie, we drove to The Bayswater restaurant for lunch and were met afterwards by Vegan Chickie, the Bare-chested Chef and Chicklet for coffee.

Chicklet was a happy little vegemite and played on my lap for quite a while, chatting away and doing lots of cute stuff and making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

This is the view we had for lunch...


and this is the lovely little Stormbird having breakfast in the tree near the Seat of Knowledge this morning.




It's been a really pleasant day.  Nothing extraodinary, just nice.

Oh and the last photo for the February Photo a Day challenge.

29. Something I am listening to (Our dog Jack being cranky and growling)
There is a March Photo a Day challenge too!

Nite all.

No comments: