Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Saturday has been cancelled

"We apologise for any inconvenience"

The 'Outdoor Living Expo' was cancelled because the grounds were flooded from the rain.

We decided to check out the new farmer's markets anyway, but when we got there, only three stalls were set up and apparently, the markets had been cancelled due to the sodden grounds.

So we watched Chicklet run around the grounds .. or should I say we watched the Bare-chested Chef 'almost' run around the grounds, as he followed Chicklet in her explorations.

She is a constant source of entertainment - or maybe that's just me.  I love to watch her.  She is learning new things, every second of every day and it's magical to watch.  All that wide-eyed innocence and the little sparkle in her eyes.

I'm having an early night tonight.  All that tennis during the week has worn me out and I need to catch up.



One photo from the road trip taken while we were at the Sunshine Coast.  I've been looking at some photoshop tutorials on Youtube and I will practise on this one if I ever get motivated enough to really concentrate. **Oh look!  Something shiny!**

One of the modules in our study, covers photoshop, so I have no choice but to 'have a go'.

Well, our Saturday morning plans were cancelled and now I am cancelling Saturday night.

Nite all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love this photo of the
ocean and rocks. Thanks for
sharing it. It is a beautiful
photo! xx grannymus