Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

That Rainy Day Feeling

I can hear the rain on the roof as I write this and it's quite warm, at 17C, for midnight!

A short break in the rain at least gave me the opportunity to hop on my trike and visit the boys at the Seat of Knowledge this morning.

A miserable grey day, but the rain stopped momentarily.
The Brahminy Kites were out and feeding in the river this morning too, but they were not being very co-operative with me. The best I could get was a seagull diving for food.

You can see the fish lying on the river bed, underwater.
I was really looking forward to coming home and falling back into my routine, but this miserable weather is preventing me from getting out and about in the mornings (except for a brief period today) and I'm feeling miserable because 1. I can't get into my usual routine and 2. that gives me time to miss road tripping and BGWLBH.

I was motivated enough to make a delicious Chicken and Roasted Vegetable soup. We had it for lunch and there was enough left over to fill 7 containers for the freezer. I also made a Beef and Vegetable Casserole in the slow cooker which we ate, with rice, for dinner tonight.

On a super happy note ... Wimbledon started today! I love Wimbledon!

I won't stay up too late tonight though because my favourite, Lleyton Hewitt, plays tomorrow night and I'd really like to stay up to watch him. I don't think he will win against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, but I would like to see the match.

As I mentioned last year, at this age, I don't have the stamina to stay up all night watching every game live, the way I did ten years ago.
I have a big day tomorrow, which includes attending a Retirement Celebration Luncheon that will also be a photo shoot (of sorts) for Mrs Bucket.

I think I'm going to get that rainy day feeling again tomorrow, and again the following day.  Hopefully, it will clear by the end of the week ... because I have plenty of holiday washing to get done!

Nite all.



No comments: