Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Snow White

So much for my 'rest' day, riding around town with the camera and walking on the beach! Ha!
I has been pouring with rain all night and all day today.

No Seat of Knowledge.  No morning coffee.

Instead, Adoring Husband and I drove through the horrible rain into The Bay and went to the movies.

We saw Snow White and the Huntsman starring Kristen Stewart and Chris Hemsworth (yum).

Great movie!  Strong female character.  Beautiful photography.  Great action.  Fantastic special effects.  Fabulous spin on an old fairy tale.  Good music.  Male actors who are very easy on the eye.  No crappy or unnecessary romantic rubbish.

I will definitely buy the dvd when it's released.

Surprisingly, the theatre only had about 25 people seated.  I expected there to be more because of school holidays and the rain, but the kids all must have stayed home where they could be dry and warm.

Today was the closing date for our flickr monthly challenge.

This was at dawn as we travelled along the highway, so the camera was handheld and our car was moving too.  Tricky, but I was pretty happy with this one ... until somebody else posted a lit vehicle driving on the road.

I really liked this one too and was very close to posting it when another member of our group posted something similar, taken at the University.
Very disappointing - perhaps a night shot with the lights from the plane would have worked better?
This is the shot that I finally went with.  I like the movement and the colour. 
To remind you of the theme "A moving subject at 1/6th of a second"

As usual, I strained my brain trying to think of something unique, but somebody posted the same kind of shots for the first two that I was considering, so then I had to strain it even more!

It's only 10.30pm and I'm trying to stay awake for Sam Stozur's Wimbledon match - however, I am struggling to keep my eyes open as I type this, so I might have to call it a night and hope that I can stay awake for her next match (if she wins this one of course!)

So, so tired and I hope to be having a girlie day with Chicklet and Vegan Chickie tomorrow, so I am definitely going to sleep now.

Nite all.

No comments: