Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Memory Lane

Adoring Husband has misplaced the Canon discs from our cameras.

When his computer crashed last month, he lost the Canon program that loads photos from the camera to the computer, so today we searched high and low for the discs so that he could reload the program.

Even though our searching proved fruitless, I found some hidden treasures that I would like to share with you.

L-R Gramps Fordham(dec), Nanna Fordham(dec), Uncle Rob (dec), Aunty Robyn and her parents.
Me, aged 15 - school photo from Pine Rivers High School, Strathpine, 1975
Me with my cousin, both aged 4, before appearing on the TV show Romper Room (according to my Aunty Jackie)
My Dad's family.  L-R Ian (I think), Jimmy, Nanna Griffin, Gramps Griffin, Brian, Noel (Dad aged 16) , then on the bottom row Ken (I think) and Wayne.
You see, everything happens for a reason.

I have been searching, on and off,  for my father's family photo for almost a year.  A cousin, who I haven't seen for about 40 yrs, contacted me through facebook and provided me with so much family information that she has collected while doing our family tree.  I promised to send her this family photo, because she didn't have one of the whole family together.

For the week following our initial contact, I turned this house upside down trying to find it, to no avail.

I knew it would turn up eventually ... and today was the 'eventually' ... all because Adoring Husband lost the discs.

So even though I was quite annoyed that I had to waste time searching, in the end, I was very excited to find these treasures!  Everything happens for a reason.

Here's a photo of one of my boys feeding the Butcher bird down at the Seat of Knowledge.


Every day this week, the bird pops in and has a little feed.  Gentleman Jim gives him a little whistle and they have a chat.  So nice.

I've sorted through some jewellery that I will display at the gallery while our exhibit is open and now all I have to do is find a way to do the postcards.

I've discovered that you can get stickers that go on the back of photos to make them look like postcards, I just need to access some at a reasonable cost and that I can get quickly - like within a week!  Cutting it a bit fine.

Big day tomorrow, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.


1 comment:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

I love to look back on only family photos. My Dad was a keen photographer and I have all his photos that I intend to scrapbook when I retire !! Lovely to see my DIL's family. I'm sure "Best Cousin in the World" will love looking at them too.