Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Excited

I'm excited about this weekend, the whale watching trip and seeing my new photographer friends again.  It should be a fun and relaxing and exciting all at the same time.

I really hope that there will be lots of whales and I can't wait to see everyone's photos when it's all over.

Got a bit to do around the house tomorrow and then some grocery shopping on Friday and then the mob should be arriving on Saturday.

There will only be six staying with us now - but that will make it very comfortable.

***happy dance***

Today, we had a lovely visit from the Chicklet family.  We had a nice relaxing lunch outside and then we played baby golf in the garden and collected some frog ornaments.

It was only a short visit.

Chicklet is stringing lots of words together now and is counting and knows her colours and is so interested in her world and exploring and running.

I really enjoyed my time with her today and I actually remembered to take photos!!  Yay!  I think both Vegan Chickie AND Adoring Husband reminded me at different times.  Thank goodness I have them to nudge me along!









Now I need to rest my weary head.

Nite all.

1 comment:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

Your little granddaugher is so cute Roz! Love the photos