Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 31, 2012

More Hours


Ok, just for the next eight days, is it possible that somebody out there can arrange an extra 5 or 6 hours onto each day?  I'd really appreciate that.  Thanks.

What a hectic day!

I really expected to be totally organised and completely ready for a whale watching trip with lots of friends to share the experience.

I think I would have been, if a job I took on, hadn't taken 5 hours instead of 5 minutes like it should have.

It put me so far behind the eight ball, I have been struggling all day to catch up, but I think I have to concede defeat now, at 11.30pm and hope that I can rise early enough to finish my 'to do' list.

I really must bath the dogs in the morning too.

So much to do, so little time!

I haven't had a chance to get out and about with the camera for a couple of days (aside from the job that I did yesterday) and I'm suffering withdrawals.  Thank goodness the flickr girls are coming for the weekend, loaded with their cameras and paraphernalia!

Here is a photo that I prepared earlier.


Nite all.

No comments: