Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 23, 2012

Day 27 in a Year of my Life

Sitting here with the last dregs of a glass of wine, watching Mama Mia on TV, after a disappointing sunset shoot on the beach with 'The Other One' and 'The Bird Whisperer' from our flickr group.

Still, we got to spend a very pleasant hour or more over coffee beforehand. where we caught up with all sorts of goings on and solved a few problems of the world.

Even though the sunset was a fizzer, it was nice on the beach in the fresh air and listening to the waves crashing and watching the dogs chasing each other and feeling the wind in my hair.

We all scattered over the beach trying to find a good spot in preparation for the sky changing colour, but alas, it never happened!

So we parted company on dark, all looking forward to catching up again in about a month for our Christmas break up.

Earlier in the day, Adoring Husband and I visited the Ginger Factory and Nutworks and the Chocolate Factory, where we stocked up on all things sugary and delicious.

Fudge, nougat and macadamia nuts for dinner tonight - dreadful, but we forgot to pick something up for dinner.

We had a cooked breakfast and then Saltnpepper Squid with salad for lunch at the Ginger Factory, so a little sweetness for dinner, instead of a cooked meal won't hurt for a day.

Here is another photos from last night's sunset shoot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rqqzy/8209091039/in/photostream/

Tonight, I am grateful for cool breezes on the coast.

It was quite warm today and threatened to be a muggy night, but the breeze has sprung up and is delicious and cooling as it sweeps through the open windows of the campervan.  I love the sound of the wind swishing through the palm leaves of the trees behind us.

It will be a very nice way to fall asleep tonight.

Nite all.

No comments: