Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Day 25 in a Year of my Life

Today had a cow, a nikonian and a waterfall and 6 million steps.

Adoring Husband was hanging out to visit the Maleny Dairy and do the Factory Tour **yawn** this morning.

He and about 6 other children under the age of 4 all enjoyed playing with the animals, learning about the milking machines, inspecting the processing line and then tasting the yoghurt, flavoured milk and custard.

He even stepped forward to have warm cow's milk squirted from the udder into his hand so that he could taste fresh milk.

I remember doing that as a child and turning my nose up then, so I stayed at the back of the small crowd.  No thanks :)

I did, however, taste the strawberry yoghurt, strawberry milk and the custard.  It was all very tasty.  It's not that 'strawberry' is my favourite ... but it was gluten free and the chocolate was not.

Unfortunately, they don't distribute further north than Gympie, so we won't be able to access this deliciousness after we get home.

After the dairy, we met the Nikonian at Montville for lunch.  It was a most enjoyable afternoon.  Good food, good laughs, good company.  She makes me laugh.  Crazy lady.

On the way home, it was about 3.15pm, so we decided to do the Kondililla Falls walk.

Big mistake :/

It was a long walk with lots of steps ... I mean LOTS of steps.

We got to the lookout for the falls and looked down to where the rest of the track would take us ... which was a LONG way down and decided that if we went all the way down, we might not make it back up again!

So we turned around and climbed all those gozillion steps back up the hill, with many stops along the way.  I wasn't sure if it was my heart or my lungs that wanted to explode out of my chest!!

Narrow winding tracks, some uphill and some flat and some even sloping downward.  The tracks sloping uphill just seemed very steep and never ending.

After all of that, I sent a text to the Nikonian telling her what we did.  She thought it was hilarious and told us that if we had done the complete circuit, instead of going back up the steps, it wouldn't have been such a hard slog coming back.

Ugh!!

I bet she is still laughing!

I think it would have been easier if I wasn't carrying 10 kg of camera gear in my back pack.  Not to mention a certain number of extra kg that I am carrying around my mid section.

Some Underwater World photos from yesterday ... cl

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rqqzy/8204960237/in/photostream/  (click on the link to see them in flickr.  Google won't let me add any more photos.

So today, I am grateful for having lungs and a heart strong enough to withstand such self abuse!  I'm grateful that I was able to slowly, but surely make it back to the car without collapsing lol.  I am grateful to be feeling surprisingly good tonight - as if the walk/climb was somehow cleansing.

It was a beautiful walk.

Nite all.

No comments: