Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Day 26 in a Year of my Life

After I return from holidays, I will rethink my blogging options.

Google has decided that it will cost me $10 per month if I wish to continue posting photos.

If I'm going to pay money, then perhaps there are better options out there.

I'll keep you posted.

Meanwhile, we moved towns today.  Only twenty minutes away from Mapleton, which is where we stayed for the last five nights.

This is a lovely park.  Clean and spacious and we got a site right by the amenities, so that I don't have to run far to the loo in the morning!

Nice clean showers and a full sized mirror so now I can see how I look each day!  It's been most disconcerting walking out the door and not knowing whether I'm presentable or not!

This afternoon, the Nikonian picked me up and we got coffee, sat on the beach and chatted, then headed off to Moffat Beach to meet up with Mellylicious to try for a sunset.

It was a bit of a fizzer, but there was a moment when some colour came into the sky and the clouds looked a little interesting.

It didn't matter.  Great company of course and it was fabulous to catch up with the girls.

I've only posted one photo so far to flickr and MAY post one more later, but here is the link ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rqqzy/8207457849/in/photostream/

Trying for a reasonably early night tonight.

Today I am grateful for chocolate.  I don't have a photo of it, but it brings so much happiness to so many and as I sit here at (almost) 11pm typing out this post .. I am enjoying a row of Cadbury Hazelnut chocolate as it melts in my mouth.  Heavenly.

I would also quickly like to make special mention to Maleny Dairy again.

Adoring Husband and I tasted their full cream milk today.  People from our generation remember what milk tasted like when we were at school?  Oh the memories that came flooding back.  Absolutely delicious.

Tonight we had some of their cream on a big fruit salad of blueberries, raspberries, mango and banana.  It is just the way that cream should be - thick, creamy and almost the colour of butter.  It's enough to consider moving to the area!

Nite all.

No comments: