Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Day 43 in a Year of my Life

I haven't slept well since we came home.

Something about our bed just doesn't do it for me and I can't even remember the last time I got a solid nights sleep in it ... unlike the bed in the camper van where I fell asleep almost immediately every time my head hit the pillow and the only time I woke during the night was when a certain piece of my anatomy required emptying!

Having said that, it almost goes without saying, I am very tired tonight, so this will be short and sweet, so that I can crawl into bed and hopefully get a few solid hours in.

This afternoon, we got to see some old friends, who moved to Tasmania from here, over two years ago, and have now moved to The Bay.

'The Sex Therapist' and 'Laughing Buddha'.

SOOOO good to see them!

They asked me to do a quick photo shoot,  so that they could give framed photos to family for Christmas.

When I say 'quick', it was the fastest photo shoot EVER and I was lucky to get 15 minutes of their time!

Quick and painless.

I haven't finished editing the photos yet, but this is one that they have selected for their grandchildren.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rqqzy/8256676371/in/photostream

I feel a bit embarrassed because I know I could have done so much better with a bit more time.

However, they are happy, and that's what counts!

Today I am grateful to have old friends living close by again.  I look forward to some girlie time with The Sex Therapist - we always have a good old belly laugh when we are together.  I'm sure there will be fun times to be had in the coming months!

Nite all.

No comments: