Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 14, 2012

Day 48 in a Year of my LIfe

Yet another exhausting day with the energiser bunny, Chicklet.

I got to babysit again this morning while Mama and Dadoo went grocery shopping.

Chicklet and I went for a long walk along the river path while I drank my morning coffee and then we came home and had some breakfast of yoghurt, nuts and crackers.

We watched some kids TV on the ABC - Bananas in Pyjamas and the Pig show (I am a bad grand mother and cannot remember the names of the shows).

Not long after that, Chicklet went for her morning nap before we went to lunch at my favourite eating place nearby, and I got to have my favourite Duck Quinoa salad and then a delicious dessert, of the house vanilla ice cream!

It was a good idea to walk off all that delicious food, so we headed for the park!

Oddly enough, there was less playing on the equipment and more of Boz carrying Chicklet around the park, until Mama suggested that we go to the swings!

I got to take lots of photos of Chicklet giggling and having fun, and even Mama had some fun on the swing.

Finally, in yet another state of exhaustion, we walked home and once again, collapsed on the couch.

A bit of Playschool on the telly, a good healthy feed of apple, cucumber, banana, orange and nuts.  Lots of water to drink and then Mama and Chicklet shared a chocolate icy pole.

A shower with the mother and baby ducks.

Brushing the teeth was a bit of a struggle until Boz got her toothbrush out and we all did it together :D

Bed time.

**sigh**

This is my last night here.  Tomorrow I head off for the photography night shoot in Brisbane with some friends from the flickr group, which I am looking forward to very much.

I will definitely miss my baby though.  I've had such a lot of fun with her and I'm definitely feeling very grandmotherly now - exhausted, but happy :D

Flickr seems to having trouble with the site tonight so I can't add the links to the new photos of Chicklet.

I will attempt to do that tomorrow night, if I have time.  Otherwise it will be Sunday night .. if I have time.

Don't be concerned if I don't update in the next two nights.  There is a lot happening and I may not have time.

Today I am grateful for having such an amazingly happy and full life.  I feel like I haven't had a moment to myself for months, but it's been a fabulous and satisfying year and I can't wait to recap here, after Christmas, on the year that was mine.

If the Mayan Calendar is correct in predicting the end of the world in a week's time, I will leave this earth happy and content.

Nite all.

No comments: