Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day 47 in a Year of my Life

We are all Zawsted!

Even Chicklet is exhausted after a very big afternoon at Underwater World.

You remember that it's my favourite place in the world, right?  Except maybe in the 'real' underwater world, which I have never been to ... never scuba dived and never snorkelled!  Can you believe that?!

Through the first door, was the 'touch pool' where Chicklet got to touch and hold a blue starfish!  What an exciting start to the day!  She wanted to touch EVERYTHING after that, and luckily was happy enough to touch the glass that protected all of the sea creatures.

She loved the fish and sharks and she loved the turtles.  We ALL loved the underwater tunnel and the Bare-chested Chef took lots of photos with his Samsung Pad.

I took my camera, but didn't take any photos.  I really should have attempted to get some photos of Chicklet in different areas, but I was too busy either playing with her or wandering through the tunnel in awe with Vegan Chickie.

Chicklet loved the room that viewed the seals underwater and spent most of the time climbing the giant 'step seats' with her teddy and then scooting back down.

She got to stand up at the glass wall and see the seals up close.  One of the seals came down under the water and put her nose against the glass really close to Vegan Chickie and Chicklet.  What a thrill!

I think Chicklet enjoyed the acoustics in there too because she was singing and laughing and talking REALLY LOUDLY!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rqqzy/8268462373/in/photostream

It was ok because she scared all the other people away and we had the room to ourselves most of the time!

When we were leaving, out of all the stuffed toys at the gift shop - colourful sting rays, star fish, seals, sharks, crocodiles, frogs, clown fish, sea horses, eels, turtles etc etc, Chicklet fell for the fluffy brown otters,  which was quite strange because we only saw the otters for about a minute before they disappeared down their tunnels and out of sight.

We had a good three hours at Underwater World, including lunch, so I guess we have good reason to be 'zawsted'!

So Chicklet has been there, done that AND got a t-shirt.

A good time was had by all!

Today I am grateful for sharing a family day and sharing a 'first' experience with Chicklet.  Seeing everything again, as if for the first time, through her young inexperienced eyes, was amazing, and watching her Mama and Dadoo enjoying her excitement was equally enjoyable.

I love my life.

Nite all.

No comments: