Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 46 in a Year of my Life

Ugh!  Motion sickness on a train... blah ... it sucks!

Twenty minutes after I sat down, the wave of nausea descended and it took every ounce of willpower to suck it up and get through the two hour journey unscathed.

I had even ordered a big gluten free breakfast before I felt sick but was unable to even take a bite, so it is in the fridge ready for tomorrow morning's breakfast.

After I recovered from that, I got to be a grandmother all on my own for a bit over four hours.

It was the most mentally and physically exhausting fun I've had for a long time!  Challenging, to find just one more burst of energy to get through each new session of play time.

I have carpet burn on my knees from playing 'doggies' - because dogs, of course, should be on four legs at all times!  They should also be walking around the room constantly and chasing other dogs and playing with balls and barking at people through the front door.

Boz must not, for even a moment, lay down on the couch to rest.

A leisurely walk to the Pirate Park was the closest I got to relaxing, so I walked REALLY slowly, to make it last lol.

At least thirty times, my arms lifted Chicklet to the top of the slippery slide, so that she could race the other kids down the slide.

We climbed the ladder.  We crossed the bridge a number of times.  We made sand castles.  We made Chicklet's feet disappear under the sand.  We made mud fish in the wet sand.  We ran through the bark under the trees.  We studied seed pods.  We watched the ducks swimming in the river.  We bounced.  We jumped.  We scooted.  We spun.

We walked back home, getting coffee and 2 chocolate tiny teddies on the way.

We changed out of our dirty clothes, got a new nappy, cleaned all the toys off the floor, played doggies again until Mama and Dadoo came home.

We all discussed our day, had dinner, washed the dishes, showered Chicklet and now have all crawled into bed exhausted.

What a day!

Today, I am grateful.  I am grateful for today.  A perfectly delightful, delicious, glorious, wondrous, happy and exhausting day with my most precious granddaughter.

May there be many more.

There will be photos tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: