Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 66 in a Year of my Life

Adoring Husband and I kind of 'slid' into the New Year very quietly in the comfort of our lounge room.

We started at the local club and we'd been looking forward to the night, knowing that all of our friends would be there with us to share the occasion.

The best way to bring in the new year, is surrounded by friends or loved ones... everybody knows that!

The food, hot nibbles, which were served in single cardboard chinese containers to each individual, was less than average.  The majority of the crowd were served fried curry puffs, mini spring rolls and other mini fried pastries.

There were three of us who required 'gluten free' foods and we were given some tasteless felafels, two mini gluten free party pies and some potato wedges.  Also less than average.

I had two glasses of white wine and a jug of iced water.

The music started off very slowly with country music and old time songs from my parent's era.  By 10pm it had moved up a notch, but not enough to provide much enjoyment or entertainment for Adoring Husband and I.

The weather was muggy after some heavy showers and not much ventilation was provided.  Most windows had to stay closed because of the rain.

Just after 10pm Adoring Husband and I decided to call the courtesy bus and make our way home. Eight of our friends chose to join us on the bus and there were another 9 people waiting for the bus to return to the club and take them home too.

As disappointing as it was to not spend the celebrations with all of our friends, we really loved seeing in the new year together in the comfort of our own home.  Quietly and very happily.

For the month of January, I'm once again doing the Photo a Day challenge.  Day One ...

1.  Today
and the other challenge for the year is to have a 'Happy Jar' and whenever something especially happy or wonderful happens, we write it down and place it in the jar.  The aim is to have a jar full of wonderful moments to remember on New Years Eve 2013.  Here is my happy jar...


Today, I'm grateful for new ways to be reminded of the happy times.  Aiming for a positive and happy life in the coming year.

Nite all.

No comments: