Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 70 in a Year of my Life

What a strange start to the day.

It was overcast when I left the house this morning and Adoring Husband was washing the car (that should have been a clue right there!).

I was at the Seat of Knowledge for about an hour when the first shower of rain hit.  Heavy enough for me to cover my camera bag with the plastic rain poncho

Luckily, I had already taken the series of belly button photos that I had been challenged by The Nikonian, to take!

One of the subjects in this week's mini challenge that The Nikonian set, is 'fluff'.  So I decided to take photos of the belly buttons that belong to the boys at the Seat of Knowledge ... because we all know that fluff gets trapped in belly buttons!!

I made a very attractive collage ...


Ok, so it's not THAT attractive.  The oldest belly button here is 82.  Only one of the boys declined to have his belly button photographed and the other four had already left before I arrived this morning.

I photographed the Tawnies before I headed off to the beach.


Unfortunately, a mini storm hit while I was stranded way out on the beach at almost low tide.  Strong winds and heavy rain and I couldn't move fast enough over the wet sand to get to shelter!  Here I was struggling in my thongs and wet glasses and trying to protect the camera under my clothes!

If only someone had a camera to take THAT photo!

I was heading home in the rain, when it stopped as abruptly as it began.  So I decided to go looking for the kangaroo that one of the locals had told me about.  A kangaroo with a joey in it's pouch that had apparently been hanging around on the edge of the national park that borders our town.

It didn't take long to find her, but she had two male guardians that kept me at a safe distance.  Having heard a news story recently where an elderly man had been attacked by a buck in a town about 15 minutes from here, I decided not to take any chances.


Further up the road, I went in search of the Fairy Wrens.


Then it was time to head home, later than usual.  Adoring Husband thought I had run away from hime!

Test Cricket has been on TV all day - Australia V Sri Lanka.  Twenty twenty Big Bash cricket is on tonight - Hobart Hurricanes V Adelaide Strikers.  After this is the tennis.  A deliciously full day of sports for the dedicated lounge lizards that Adoring Husband and I are.

Today I am grateful that I am able to recognise that my life is wonderful and I am happy!

Nite all.

No comments: