Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 67 in a Year of my Life

OH JOY! OH JOY!

It's tennis season in Australia!!

It's difficult to choose which television channel to watch!  Channel Ten has the Hopman Cup being played in Perth.  Tonight is the Serbian - Djokovic V the Aussie - Tomic.  I'm not a fan of the Aussie player but for the sake of patriotism, I am supporting him.  I do like Djokovic, so I don't mind if he wins :D

Then on Channel 7TWO we have the Brisbane International where there is a men's match in progress.

Next week, we have the Moorilla Hobart International, the Apia International Sydney, and then after that the World Tennis Challenge commences in Adelaide.

All of these tournaments lead up to the Australian Open in Melbourne which commences on 14th January and ends on 27th January.

Love my tennis and I'm looking forward to seeing the Aussies play well this year.  Lleyton Hewitt and Samantha Stosur are my favourites to watch, but I like to see any of the Aussies do well of course.

Just wanted to share a few inspirational and/or funny quotes that I have found in 'Pinterest' lately.






Today I am grateful for the Australian Tennis Season, when I can watch tennis all day and half the night and still get a good night's sleep - unlike The French Open in May/June, Wimbledon in June/July and the US Open in August/September, when, if I want to watch the tennis, I have to stay up all night - a difficult task as I get older!

Off now, for my 2nd early night in a row!  It's part of my new year's resolution - becoming a little 'healthier and fitter', includes getting plenty of good solid sleep!

Nite all.

No comments: