Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 68 in a Year of my Life

This morning I made a delicious smoothie.

In a blender - 6 frozen strawberries, 1 cup watermelon, half a lime (peeled), 1 carrot (head removed), half an apple, 12 grapes, 2 T lemon myrtle yoghurt, 1 cup of cold water and a handful of ice cubes.


DELICIOUS.

All that pulpy goodness - except for the sticker that I forgot take off the apple!

Today I bought a huge range of fruits and vegetables that I can use in smoothies and I plan on making a different one every day.  Today there was enough for two big glasses, so I had one for breakfast and the other with lunch.

I just remembered that I have this to add to my smoothies ...


http://www.australianvitamins.com/products/view/874  It's been in the campervan pantry cupboard since we returned from holidays!  Must get it out tomorrow!

I'm going to experiment more with light nutritious lunches and I need to change my afternoon snacking habit from GF chocolate biscuits or potato chips, to something more beneficial to my health.

I need food that is going to give me more energy, instead of lulling me into nana naps on the couch every afternoon.  Food that will activate my brain instead of putting me in the 'zombie zone' by mid afternoon.

Today I am grateful to have found the motivation to make a start on my new year's resolution to be a little fitter and healthier this year.

It takes three weeks to create a new habit.  Watch me do it.

Nite all.

No comments: