Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 73 in a Year of my Life

I actually got out of bed at 4.10am, looked out the window to check the cloud formations, because we all know that clouds are important for a good sunrise!

There was some nice fluffy and wispy clouds forming above and toward the East, so I got ready and by 4.40am I was on my trike and pedalling toward the river.

I've decided that the light is just so beautiful at that time of day and I'd like to get out every day at that time.  Especially in Summer.

It means that I can get a couple of hours of photography in while the light is so lovely, then go grab my coffee and head to the Seat of Knowledge for an hour or so and still be home by 8.30 or 9.00am before the day gets too hot.

This, however, means earlier nights to bed!

So here I am before 9pm, already yawning, sharing my day and my photos, so that I can go to bed and begin the snore-fest.





The new flickr challenges for January are 'Sunrise or Sunset' and 'FUN'.  One should be very simple and the other might require some brain work!

Today I am grateful for Chicklet voicemails (have I been grateful for them before?).  When I don't hear my phone and later find voicemails from Chicklet, it brightens my day so much.  I love the sound of her voice :D  I had two voicemails today.

Nite all.

No comments: