Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 74 in a Year of my Life

Last night, I went to bed three hours earlier than usual, believing that I would naturally wake up around 3am or 4am, and would rise early enough to catch the sunrise and play with the soft morning light.

My sleeping history has shown that I cannot sleep longer than 5 or 6 hours, because my back doesn't like being horizontal for longer than that.

So, I woke at precisely 2.20am and needed to visit the bathroom.  This was just a tad too early to head out on the trike, so I climbed back into bed and promptly fell asleep.

The next time I woke, was 6am!  That's more than 8 hours sleep with only one interruption!  Unheard of!!

I missed the sunrise, which by all accounts, was a non-event anyway.  Didn't get to the Seat of Knowledge til after 7.30am.

Here are my photos from today.





There is a story that goes with the White Breasted Sea Eagle shot, but to cut it short, I didn't even see him until he was low in the swoop, so I only just got the camera up in time to press the shutter, hence the poor quality shot.

What's worse, is that he dropped the fish on that first swoop, but I didn't see that, because I was checking the back of my camera to see whether my shot was successful.

When I next looked up, he was swooping again, but this time I could not get my camera up fast enough and I completely missed the shot.

Soooooo frustrating!  However, it really was beautiful to watch.

I am off to bed earlier than usual again tonight.  I'll make it to bed by 10pm and this time I will set my alarm.  I WILL wake up tomorrow for sunrise!

My other plan for next week is to make an 'Inspiration Board'.

Apart from lots of weekend photography trips, we have nothing else 'big' planned for this year, so I am seriously going to think about what I want to achieve with my photography, among other things and create an inspiration board that I can look at every day and be 'inspired' to make it happen.

We will find out what is happening with Adoring Husband's health, at the end of next week, then we can focus on making him as well as possible and make some solid plans for our year.

Adoring Husband and I cooked a delicious Thai Green Curry together tonight, with a green curry paste that we bought in Maleny, while on holidays on the Sunshine Coast.  We used chicken and prawns and vegetables and thoroughly enjoyed the end result.

Today, I am grateful for our 'together' cooking times, even though AH has a little trouble letting go of control in the kitchen... but he is getting there :D

I think I should definitely leave the 'presentation' to him though - I simply have no presentation skills with food.  He, however, is creative and artistic and makes food look too good to eat!

Nite all.

No comments: