Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 7, 2013

Nana's Pantry

NEVER go to Nana's Pantry on an empty stomach!!

https://nanaspantry.com.au/

... and make sure you have plenty of time to browse!

You will find everything from the healthiest foods to the least healthy foods - of which we bought an abundance of both.

I shopped there while Adoring Husband took the new car in for it's first service.

I had my arms full of goodies and decided that I'd best stop and go to the counter before it got out of hand.  I estimated roughly that I probably had well over $50 worth of stuff.  The lady tallied it up and I was pleasantly surprised to see the total was only $30.

So, I dumped the goods in the car and AH and I went back to Nana's and spent another $15, which again, was less than we expected.

Everything is priced per kg and even though they have scales so that you can calculate as you go, we didn't do that ... my head automatically and instinctively calculates as if I am in our usual supermarket.  So it's a pleasant surprise to find everything is so much cheaper than expected!

I got lots of gluten free stuff.  Pastry mix.  Bread mix.  Tri-coloured Quinoa.  Dried peas for our next pea and ham soup cook off.  Vegetable chips - which are just like potato chips except made with zucchini, carrot, eggplant, beans, potato etc.  Too many gluten free lollies and chocolates to mention.

Love that shop.  It'll definitely be a regular stop on shopping days.

I hope to be up bright and early for a sunrise tomorrow.  I awoke early this morning and glanced out the window to see a beautifully coloured pink sky with lots of purple and orange puffy clouds scattered about.  I was too tired to find any enthusiasm, but it's the third morning in the last week that the sky has looked pretty, so I'm going to take my chances tomorrow morning.

Which is why I'm getting this post done before 9.30pm - an early night for an early rise!

I've been trolling through heaps of other people's blogs tonight.  It's amazing how many blogs are still sitting idle that haven't been touched for more than two years.

Some of them are so interesting - I almost joined a couple of email lists, just in case the person came back to continue the blog.

Ok, I'm done with all this yawning.  See you tomorrow - hopefully with beautiful sunrise shots.

Nite all.

 

No comments: