Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 75 in a Year of my Life

What a long night.

I set my alarm to wake early for the sunrise, but for some strange reason, I was awake every hour on the hour and couldn't seem to relax into a deep sleep.

So again, I was up at 4.20am and out the door within 30 minutes.

The sunrise still didn't quite reach my expectations and my Tawny Frogmouths were nowhere to be seen, so I tiptoed up to my favourite Cassia tree near the Seat of Knowledge and spent some time trying, with my camera, to capture a bee enjoying the pollen in the flowers.





Thank goodness for the bee, because it was my only real success for the morning.

I was almost eaten alive by mosquitoes and sandflies and spent a good 30 minutes scratching and rubbing my legs - until I picked up some dry sand off the beach and rubbed it over the bites.  They seemed to miraculously stop itching after that.

While I was pedalling along the river path, the strangest thing happened.  I stopped the trike to check my phone because I felt like Adoring Husband was trying to contact me.  There were no messages, so I continued on.

Just as I passed the next tree, I looked up and saw Adoring Husband on his bike waiting for me!

Very weird and very unusual for him to be out riding at this time of day (or any time really!).

So we went to the bakery much earlier than usual to get coffee and we were served by one of the bakers.  I don't think I'll do that again.  He was the worst coffee maker ever lol.

So after a long night of trying to sleep, it was then a long morning at the Seat of Knowledge and I was feeling very tired as I made my way home well before 8.30am.

It's now 8.25pm and I believe that I can be in bed by 9pm.  One more time with feeling tomorrow for sunrise.  A few showers are forecast, so perhaps there will be some interesting cloud about.

Today I am grateful to have received a lovely phone call from Number One Son, who was out walking and sounded much brighter and happier than I've heard him for a while.  There was definitely a smile in his voice.

Nite all.

2 comments:

The Undertoad said...

Hey Big Sis. Did you know your blog perfectly matches those flowers xoc
x

Unknown said...

I absolutely love your processing on the top photo!