Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 178 in a Year of my Life


♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ Happy birthday to meeeeee ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ Happy birthday to meeeeee ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ Happy birthday dear meeee ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ Happy birthday to meeeeee ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥

Far out, I can't believe I'm 53.  That seems like such a big number to me!  I remember when my Mum turned 32 (I was twelve) and I thought to myself that I never wanted to get THAT old!  Crazy.

I've had a really really nice day today.

No big presents, but a steady stream of visitors and phone calls.  Beautiful birthday cards and some lovely little gifts.  Morning tea with the girls down by the river, where the gale force winds almost blew us INTO the river.

I must photograph and post the photo, of the lovely little piece of art work that Bubbles made for me to hang in my new work space.  It's perfect.

Some of my birds came to wish me happy birthday as I pedalled along the river this morning, which was such a thrill!

The Osprey dive bombed from very high in the sky, straight into the water and came up with the tiniest morsel to eat!
Just before the dive bombing.
The White Breasted Eagle visited me just as I was about to put my camera away.  It felt like a 'happy birthday' moment!
Adoring Husband cooked a delicious leg of lamb with baked vegetables for dinner tonight and is driving us to the Sunny Coast tomorrow to meet up with the Chicklet family and have a look at Eumundi markets.

I also received heaps of birthday messages from my facebook friends, which is always good for the soul.

I honestly couldn't have asked for a better day for my birthday!

Today, I am grateful to have so many caring friends and family, who went even a little bit out of their way to bring me kind birthday wishes.  Tonight, I end the day feeling all warm and fuzzy and loved.

Nite all.

No comments: